Sunday, April 27, 2014

Comments for Teachers

On March 18, 2014, Kelly Tenkely, author of iLearn Technology, blogged about the many uses of Google Story in the classroom. Google Story Builder allows the students to learn about a subject and still be entertained and engaged, because Story Builder requires the students to be knowledgable about a subject before creating a movie. Tenkely explains that Google Story Builder "allows students to demonstrate... understanding in a fun, easy way". I believe that this is a great resource for teachers to use in the classroom and I explained that to Kelly in my comment on April, 13, 2014:

"My name is Megan Long and I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. Before this class, I never really explored all of the resources that Google has available for free. Now, I am using Google Mail, Google Drive, and Google Calendars. I have never heard of Google Story! I believe that this is a great resource for teachers to use in the classroom, especially for visual learners. I will definitely explore this resource more. Thanks for sharing!"

Kelly Tenkely received a product from Orbitek called Sphero, and she explained how exciting and innovative this technology is. Sphero is a a sphere that is controlled through an app that is downloadable on smartphones/tablets. This device will roll around where you direct it to, and you can video students' reactions and activities. Students can interact with Sphero as well, and it makes learning fun and educational! I commented on Kelly's reflection of this device and explained what I thought about it:

"This is a great tool! I have never heard of Sphero, but I am always looking for new technology that is fun AND educational. We, as educators, must make the learning environment exciting and this seems like a great way to do so! I can't wait to explore more about this great resource."




No comments:

Post a Comment