Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Comments for Kids- April





On April 4th, Venetia, a student at St England School in New Zealand, writes about herself. She says that she is always first to the mat and great at thinking. She reflects on how she can improve on managing herself. She simply says she gets excited about learning, but sometimes she wants to be first. I responded to Venetia and explained how she should always work on improving: 




"My name is Megan and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Al, which is in the United States of America. I love the fact that you love to think. I love thinking, as well, because no matter where I am at or who I am around, I can always think whatever I want to think. Managing yourself can be difficult if you are eager to learn, but it is something that you must learn to do. It is fantastic that you are eager to get to the mat, but make sure you are wanting to sit on the mat because you want to learn, not because you want to be the first one there. It is great that you love thinking and learning. Great Post! Keep up the good work!"
As a teacher, I will have to allow students to reflect on themselves in order to improve. I believe that having students honestly reflect on their actions is a great idea.


Cops and Robbers

On April 11th, Amethyst, a student at St. England School in New Zealand, blogs about a game that she played called Cops and Robbers. The object of this game is to find the cop, which is done by inserting possible coordinates in which the cop may be. If your guess is incorrect, a number will be given that states a number that indicates how many coordinates you are away from the cop. I commented on Amethyst's blog post and told her that the game is a great idea!


"Hello! My name is Megan and I am a student at the University of South Alabama, which is in the United States of America. Thank you for posting the link to this game. I am a future teacher, and I can definitely use this game in my classroom one day. Did you play this game in order to learn about coordinates? Thanks for posting!"

I will be able to use this resource that Amethyst posted on her blog in my classroom one day!


I commented on another students blog, but the post was deleted so nothing is showing up. I am having technical difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment