Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Practice Blog Post- Introduction to Megan Long

Growing up in a military family may sound horrible to some people, but I can not imagine my childhood any other way. My name is Megan Long and welcome to my blog. I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, after which I lived in Georgia, Virginia, Florida, and Alabama. Growing up like this allowed me to experience life in a way that many people do not get to. For instance, I have seen a variety of cultures, and met a variety of people. Although I moved many times and had to leave friends behind, I have lifelong friends who are all very different. Because of this lifestyle, I have become very close with my family and I have always relied on the strength of God's love to keep me going through the difficult times.

Being close to my family has always been important to me, which is why I decided to attend the University of South Alabama. After moving to Mobile from Spanish Fort, which is where my family lived, my father was promoted to a government position in Washington D.C. Although my sister still lives in Mobile, my parents live 15 hours away. I have always had to say "goodbye", but this time was very difficult, but it was allowed me to grow into a stronger, more independent woman. While being in Mobile I have found a love for serving those with disabilities and special needs. By doing this, I feel as though I have become a more selfless person. A year later and two years into my college career and I could not be more happy with my decision to attend the University of South Alabama.

As aforementioned, I moved frequently while growing up, but I always seemed to love school because my teachers welcomed me with open arms and open hearts. When someone wonders why I want to be a teacher, my answer is always the same. I am going to change the lives of children; I am going to change the world. Teaching has always been something that I have been passionate about, beginning at an early age while playing school with stuffed animal students. I have taught Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, bible studies, and many other varieties of teaching. Now that I am involved in education courses, I am even more excited than I ever have been about becoming a teacher. I am going to change the lives of children and I am going to change the world.

"I have this hope as an anchor for the soul"

"I have this hope as an anchor for the soul" -Hebrews 6:19
No matter where life takes me, I will always be thankful for what being a "Navy Brat" has taught me and I will always stay true to myself and God.

I love life. I love God. I love. If you know that about me, you know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment